Skilled professional with more than 15 years experience in the medical profession in various positions. Significant experience in a variety of settings including: case management, long term care, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, oncology, psychiatric services, surgical, pre- and post-operative care, and cardiology. Strong experience with wound care, infection tracking, staff training and development. Member of Sigma Theta Tau Honors Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Training and Development
- Pre- and Post-operative Care
- Behavioral Health
- Infection Control
- Electronic Medical Records
- Cardiac and Stroke Care
- Lead trainer responsible for implementation and staff training in electronic medical records at Good Samaritan Society.
- Completed 210 preceptor training hours at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI in the NICU.
- While working as a Nurse Technician in Oncology, developed chest tube in-service to train the 6 North nursing department and current first year medical residents of function and protocols associated with the chest tube drainage systems.
- Lead Trainer in the establishment and training of staff at the Arab-American and Chaldean Council with the paperless charting system.
- Developed training manuals for the Arab-American and Chaldean Council, to streamline Case Management throughout all three counties of establishment, and work towards a paperless charting system, and achieved 100% compliance for policy and documentation of services annually during employment.
- Contributed to the development of a training manual for Mental Health Workers as Harbor Oaks Hospital, which provided outlines and detailed information for didactic group presentations.
- Forerunner in establishing, organizing, and developing policy and procedure for the After Hours Urgent Care shortly after its opening. Established triage protocols to maintain HIPPA, expedite turnover of patients, and facilitate communication with EMS for transfers.
- M.S.N. Nursing, F.N.P. Specialty, Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 2016, with honors
- B.S. Nursing, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, August 2010
- B.S. Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, December 2003
- F.N. P-BC, State of Arizona, AP8806
- R.N., State of Arizona, RN166041
- Stroke Certification
- Cardiac Monitoring/Telemetry