Chandler Arizona – Chronic Pain Statistics admin
Don’t let chronic pain stop you from doing the things you love. Call today!
- Can you believe that an estimated 70 million Americans live with chronic pain every day caused by disease or trauma?
- According to the 2006 census bureau, approximately 136,000 adults living in Chandler suffer from back pain at some point during their life.
- Over 80,000 residents of Chandler, AZ will experience back pain at some point this year.
- A large majority of the people in Chandler, AZ will experience neck pain at some point during their life.
- Did you know that over 110,000 women and 84,000 men in Chandler, AZ will experience the debilitating pain of tension headaches?
- Women are three times more likely to endure daily headaches than men.
- In 2007 the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued a statement claiming, “Arthritis continues to burden the U.S. population as the leading cause of physical disability and affects women disproportionately: women with arthritis report greater prevalence of activity and work limitations, psychological distress, and severe joint pain than their male counterparts”
- Approximately 5,000 people in Chandler, AZ are living with symptoms suggestive of Fibromyalgia, but less than 5% of them will receive a diagnosis.
- Nearly 18,000 female residents of Chandler will have chronic pelvic pain during their life, and less than half of them will be treated sufficiently for their pain.
- Would you believe that the incidence of developing Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) can be greater than 10% after sustaining certain fractures and surgeries?
- Weiner K. Pain is an Epidemic. American Academy of Pain Management.
- Carey TS, Evans AT, Hadler NM, Lieberman G, Kalsbeek WD, Jackman AM, et al. Acute severe low back pain. A population-based study of prevalence and care-seeking. Spine. 1996;21:339-44.
- National Institutes of Health
- National Pain Foundation