Dr. Jack K. Anderson completed his undergraduate training at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, graduating Cum Laude. He continued his schooling at Oklahoma University College of Medicine, earning a Doctor of Medicine Degree in 2002.
Dr. Anderson went on to complete his first residency in Emergency Medicine at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, California. Dr. Anderson became a practicing Emergency Medicine Physician in 2005 before returning for training in the Diagnostic Radiology Residency program at Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center. Dr. Anderson most recently completed a Fellowship in Pain Medicine from the Arizona Pain Medicine Fellowship program in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Throughout his career Dr. Anderson has found himself drawn to patients who suffer from chronic pain and his diverse background in Emergency Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology and Pain Management make him uniquely qualified to help those in need.
In 2001, he received the Podalirian Award for leadership and advocacy for patients and fellow students. In 2005, he received the Director’s Award for Outstanding Administrative Performance. He also volunteers whenever time allows. He worked with the Tapestry Project in Oklahoma to provide shelter for a single homeless mother and her son. He also travelled to Bolivia with other medical, pharmacy and dental students to provide free medical and dental care to those in need. When he’s not working or volunteering, he enjoys golfing, hiking, camping, surfing, snow skiing and taking vacations with his family.
Post Graduate Training
Interventional Pain Management
Arizona Pain Specialists
March 2012 – March 2013
Oklahoma University College of Medicine: Oklahoma City, OK
Aug 1998 – June 2002
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
Washington University in Saint Louis: Saint Louis, MO
Aug 1994 – June 1998
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed Physician of Arizona 45727
- Licensed Physician of Oklahoma 24265
- Current DEA, OSBN, BLS, and ACLS Certifications
- ABEM Certified in Emergency Medicine
- EmCare – Unity Hospital: Shawnee, OK
- Staff Physician, Emergency Department: May 2010 — February 2012
- Saint John Health System: Owasso, OK and Sapulpa, OK
- Staff Physician, Emergency Department: March 2008 – June 2010
- Saint Francis Hospital: Tulsa, OK
- Staff Physician, Emergency Department: July 2005 – February 2008
- Partner: July 2007 – Feb 2008
- Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal Center: Tulsa, OK
- Medical Director: Sept. 2006 – Jan. 2009
- Kaiser Permanente: Fontana, CA
- Staff Physician, Emergency Department: Oct. 2004 – June 2005
Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center
July 2010 – December 2011
Loma Linda University Medical Center, School of Medicine: Loma Linda, CA
July 2002 – June 2005
- Director’s Award for outstanding administrative performance (2005)
- Podalirian Award for leadership and advocacy for patients and fellow students (2001)
Social Chair of OU-Tulsa Medical School (2000-2001)
Volunteer Liason, organized medical student volunteer staffing for over 20 free clinics in Oklahoma City area (1999-2000)
Tapestry Project (2011) — renovated and furnished a housing unit on Oklahoma City to provide shelter for a single homeless mother and her son.
Medical mission trip volunteer to Bolivia (2002)—traveled to Bolivia with other medical, pharmacy, and dental students to provide free medical and dental care to those in need.
Volunteer in Oklahoma City local free medical clinics (1998-2000)
Anderson, J and Thomas, T. “Orbital Pseudotumor Presenting as Orbital Cellulitis.” Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine 2006/8(2):123-5
Blunt Cervical Spine Trauma: Fractures, Decision Rules and Vascular Injury
The Altered Patient: Delirium, Dementia and Coma
Kawasaki Disease and Sarcoidosis in the Emergency Department
Club Drugs: Newer Recreational Drugs of Abuse
Golfing, hiking, camping, surfing, snow skiing, and vacationing with my family.