These autumnal recipes use seasonal produce to flavor your holiday table. They are easy to prepare and great to share. We wish you a lovely Thanksgiving!
- Dash of olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small can chopped chilies,drained
- 1 small can black beans, rinsed
- 1 small can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 small can corn kernels
- 1 bag frozen squash or sweet potatoes
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
In a cast iron skillet, warm a dash of olive oil until bubbling. Add garlic and onion. Lower heat to medium. Add turkey. Cook until no longer pink, then drain cooking liquid. Add to crockpot with remaining ingredients, minus squash and corn. Cook on high for 6 hours. Turn down to medium heat. Add frozen squash and corn. Cook one more hour. Top with sour cream, cheese or salsa.