Fruit kebabs are fun, easy, very pretty and good for you! Eat these plain, top with a little light whipped cream, or pair them with this light chocolate raspberry sauce. Look for fruit that is ripe, yet still slightly firm – it will hold up better on the grill.
- ½ fresh pineapple, cubed
- 3 or 4 nectarines, pitted and cubed
- 3 or 4 black or red plums, pitted and cubed
- 3 or 4 peaches, pitted and cubed
- 3 or 4 pears, cubed
- 3 or 4 apricots, pitted and cubed
- 12 to 15 fresh strawberries, stemmed
- 2 or 3 large oranges, segmented
Alternating different fruits, thread cubes onto skewers. Baste very lightly with melted butter, or spray fruit with non-stick cooking spray. On a medium-heat grill, place the skewers with a little space in between each one. Turn fruit as it’s cooking, about 10 minutes or until there are visible grill marks on the fruit.