Add a touch of Irish luck to your dinner table with a healthy twist with this traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal.
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped parsley, chives and low-fat sour cream to top, if desired
In a Dutch oven, combine meat, vegetables, spices and broth. Cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is tender. Top with parsley, chives and sour cream when ready to serve.