Add a touch of Irish luck to your dinner table with a healthy twist with this traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal.
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped parsley, chives and low-fat sour cream to top, if desired
In a Dutch oven, combine meat, vegetables, spices and broth. Cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is tender. Top with parsley, chives and sour cream when ready to serve.
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.