In relation to our post about the mission opportunities in South Africa, we present to you a recipe for the traditional cultural dish: chakalaka. Adventurous souls looking to spice up their dinner table or next barbeque will love this side dish.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions , chopped
- 2 bell peppers , chopped
- 2 -3 hot chili peppers , minced (more or less depending on heat desired)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tomatoes , chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans in tomato sauce
- salt , to taste
- minced fresh ginger (added with the onions)
- grated carrot (added with the onions)
- shredded cabbage (added after the tomatoes and simmered until cooked)
- chopped cauliflower (added after the tomatoes and simmered until cooked)
- chopped cilantro (stirred in at the end)
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.