In relation to our post about the mission opportunities in South Africa, we present to you a recipe for the traditional cultural dish: chakalaka. Adventurous souls looking to spice up their dinner table or next barbeque will love this side dish.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions , chopped
- 2 bell peppers , chopped
- 2 -3 hot chili peppers , minced (more or less depending on heat desired)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tomatoes , chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans in tomato sauce
- salt , to taste
- minced fresh ginger (added with the onions)
- grated carrot (added with the onions)
- shredded cabbage (added after the tomatoes and simmered until cooked)
- chopped cauliflower (added after the tomatoes and simmered until cooked)
- chopped cilantro (stirred in at the end)
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and news about everything happening inside pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.