Performed by the award winning doctors in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Chandler, and Surprise, Arizona
Headaches are a pain or discomfort that can be generalized or local affecting any part of the cephalum (head). There are many causes of HA, some originating from the head region itself, others are referred from the neck and upper back, as well as ophthalmologic origins.
Most causes of HA’s are benign and have no underlying significant pathology, however, it is important to have a physician or pain specialist rule out more severe causes before beginning headache treatment for the benign causes.
Headaches themselves are one of the most common complaints from people visiting a physician. They can be broken down into three categories; Cluster, Tension, and Migraine headaches.
Treatments for headaches relief include:
- Antiseizure medications
- Cardiovascular drugs (Beta blockers, Calcium channel blockers)
- Exercise and Nutrition Counseling, Vitamin Supplements
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Chiropractic Manipulations
- Hormone Supplements
- Occipital Nerve Stimulation
- Botox Injections
- Cervical Facet Injections
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injections
- Sphenopalatine Nerve Blocks
- Occipital Nerve Blocks
- Supratrochlear Nerve Blocks
- Supra/ Infraorbital Nerve Blocks
At Arizona Pain Specialists our goal is to relieve your headaches symptoms, improve function and increase your quality of life.
Use the form on the right to request a call from our Patient Concierge Group
Or visit our Pain Knowledge Center to learn more