Want to give someone a homemade gift this holiday season, which does not involve any cooking whatsoever? Try your hand at making this simple body scrub!
This is a very basic recipe that can be customized to your liking. It starts with sea salt, which acts as a powerful detoxifier and exfoliator to the skin. A carrier oil is added to moisturize, and it is then topped off with essential oils for scent. You can combine your favorites or use an individual scent like peppermint for a fresh, wintery body scrub.
Basic Salt Body Scrub With Essential Oils
INGREDIENTS (makes approximately 2 Cups)
- 2 cups sea salt
- ¾ cup carrier oil such as almond oil, grapeseed oil, or jojoba oil
- 40-60 drops essential oil such as grapefruit, lavender, or peppermint
- In a large bowl, combine the salt and carrier oil of your choice. Using a whisk, stir to combine. Add the essential oils.
- Spoon into a storage container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a mason jar.
- To use, massage onto wet skin, and rinse.
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
What are your favorite beauty basics or body scrubs to make at home?