Want to give someone a homemade gift this holiday season, which does not involve any cooking whatsoever? Try your hand at making this simple body scrub!
This is a very basic recipe that can be customized to your liking. It starts with sea salt, which acts as a powerful detoxifier and exfoliator to the skin. A carrier oil is added to moisturize, and it is then topped off with essential oils for scent. You can combine your favorites or use an individual scent like peppermint for a fresh, wintery body scrub.
Basic Salt Body Scrub With Essential Oils
INGREDIENTS (makes approximately 2 Cups)
- 2 cups sea salt
- ¾ cup carrier oil such as almond oil, grapeseed oil, or jojoba oil
- 40-60 drops essential oil such as grapefruit, lavender, or peppermint
- In a large bowl, combine the salt and carrier oil of your choice. Using a whisk, stir to combine. Add the essential oils.
- Spoon into a storage container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a mason jar.
- To use, massage onto wet skin, and rinse.
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
What are your favorite beauty basics or body scrubs to make at home?
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and news about everything happening inside pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.