These carrots are equal parts delicious and nutritious eaten on their own, but with this preparation, they can be used as an extra special garnish too! Sliced into thin ribbons and roasted with fragrant spices, they will make a great addition to a large salad or a bowl of pasta or soup.
Adding more carrots into your diet is an excellent preventative measure too as they contain a large quantity of beta-carotene. Scientists believe that beta-carotene may delay the growth of cancer cells, while targeted studies show that other nutrients found in carrots are particularly effective in protecting against cancers of the cervix, esophagus, mouth, and stomach. According to a report in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, cooked carrots deliver more antioxidants than raw, which is pretty much the perfect excuse to roast up a batch!
Roasted Carrot Ribbons With Spices
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 4 large carrots peeled and shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the carrot ribbons with the coconut oil and spices.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan, and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until the edges are crisp, but not burned.
What is your favorite way to prepare carrots?
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.