What’s more comforting than a bowl of soup? A cold bowl of soup on a hot day! That might sound odd, but gazpacho is an excellent way to consume a nutrient-rich meal, without all of the heaviness (or heat!) associated with several courses.
This recipe is so simple to prepare; after the ingredients are chopped, they merely need to be tossed into the blender. Feel free to add some red onions or peppers to the mix if you want to add a little heat. Because all of the ingredients are blended together, this is a sneaky way to add some vegetables into your kids’ diets too!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and olive oil for serving
- Add all ingredients to a blender, reserving a handful each of the chopped watermelon and cucumber. Pulse until smooth.
- To serve, pour the blended gazpacho into bowls. Top with reserved watermelon and cucumber. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
What are your favorite meals for hot days?