Use modern innovations to escape the heat of the kitchen. These three, healthy, late- summer recipes are meant for the grill. So, invite your family outside, fire up the barbeque and enjoy a colorful meal prepared in the great outdoors.
• 3 large red bell peppers — seeded, quartered
• 4 large Japanese eggplants — cut lengthwise into 3 slices
• 4 medium yellow zucchini — cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
• 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
• 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup parmasaen cheese • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Heat the barbeque to medium. Place vegetables on baking sheet and brush with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, turning and re-arranging as necessary. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper; stir about 30 seconds. Add breadcrumbs and cheese; stir until golden. Add vinegar to another bowl; add in 3 tablespoons oil, parsley and oregano. Arrange vegetables on platter. Spoon dressing over vegetables; sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.