In the heat of the summer, we must rely on our creativity to provide relief. These colorful recipes are healthy, anti-inflammatory and aesthetically pleasing.
- 1/2 cup bulgur or quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, cored, and diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix bulgur or quinoa and 1 tablespoon oil in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit 15 minutes. Drain, pressing with a paper towel to remove any excess liquid. Place bulgur in bowl; add remaining ingredients. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil on top. Mix well.
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.