- 1 can water-packed light tuna, drained
- 1/2 can chickpeas, (3/4 cup) drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, cut in small (1/4-inch) dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in small (1/4-inch) dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1 broccoli crown, steamed for 4 to 5 minutes and broken into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar (red wine, sherry or white wine)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, chickpeas, celery, bell pepper, parsley and chives. Keep the broccoli separate.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and Dijon mustard. Whisk in the olive oil and yogurt, and toss with the tuna and chickpea mixture. Refrigerate in a bowl or in containers until ready to take to work or eat. Add the broccoli just before serving.
Yield: 2 1/2 servings.
This recipe is from here
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.