You may be able to go into your backyard to gather ingredients for this spring recipe. Brighten your palate with citrus by adding lemon and vegetables to this healthy pasta dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large lemons zested and juiced
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes. Add vegetables and bring back to a boil; cook until pasta is tender and vegetables are and softened but still bright green. After draining, place pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. Add citrus, cheese, olive oil and seasonings. Stir and serve immediately.
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.