Great as a sauce over chicken, pork or steamed rice
Arizona Pain Monthly – February Cooking
Chocolate contains antioxidants – which protect the body from cancer and heart disease-causing free radicals – and flavonoids, which help reduce blood pressure. To celebrate the month of love, try one of these two recipes containing chocolate. both are healthy and may add some spice to your Valentine’s!
- 1 small can of ancho chile sauce
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup diced prunes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cinnamon, ground cloves, dried oregano, cumin, ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water (or more, as needed)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
Sauté onion in vegetable oil until translucent; add garlic spices and herbs stirring constantly for 30 seconds – being mindful not to let the spices burn. Transfer these to a blender with chile sauce, tomatoes, prunes, salt, pepper and water. Puree. Slowly add in chocolate with more water until the sauce is the desired consistency.