Classic cocktails like the White Russian are having a comeback moment, appearing on bar menus, and in home preparations, alike. Why not whip up your own version of this old-time favorite, with a seasonal twist, in the form of pumpkin spice?
Pumpkin contains a high concentration of Vitamin A, which is necessary to keeping eyesight sharp, is beneficial to the skin, and may add in cancer prevention and weight loss. In using almond milk, the “cream” base of this drink is lighter too. This recipe makes a large batch, with enough creamer for eight to ten drinks, so feel free to store it in the refrigerator for up to a week, or invite your friends over for one of these drinks!
Pumpkin White Russian
Pumpkin Cream (Serves 8-10):
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Pumpkin White Russian (Serves 1):
- 1-ounce prepared pumpkin cream
- 2-ounces vodka
- 1-ounce coffee flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- Additional almond milk
- Combine all of the ingredients for the pumpkin cream in a large mixing bowl, and stir. Transfer the mixed pumpkin cream to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator, for up to one week.
- Add the pumpkin cream, vodka, and coffee liqueur to a highball glass, and gently stir to combine.
- Add ice.
- Top with an additional splash of almond milk, and gently stir once more.
What are your favorite holiday cocktails?
*Disclaimer: Not recommended for people taking prescription medications; be sure to check with your doctor before consuming alcohol.
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and news about everything happening inside pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.