Are you in need of a simple yet unique salad recipe? Look no further than this cucumber, fennel, and dill combination! The cucumbers make this salad light enough to serve on a warm day, while the fennel still has some winter flair. The best part about this recipe is that it requires only 5 ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes.
Where our health is concerned, fennel in particular is low in calories, and contains high levels of potassium and vitamin C. Consuming fennel has been shown to increase metabolism, and boost immunity; perfect for a time of year when many of us are focused on getting rid of those last few holiday pounds, and warding off illness too!
Cucumber, Fennel, and Dill Salad (Serves 2-4)
- 8-10 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb with core removed, sliced and fronds
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander lined with cheese cloth or a paper towel, while you prepare the remaining ingredients, in order to remove any excess water. Before placing the cucumbers in a large mixing bowl, gently pat dry.
- Combine the cucumbers and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
How do you like to prepare fennel?
Get Free Email Updates!
Weekly updates on conditions, treatments, and pain medicine.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.